OK I am BURSTING with excitement to show you these. Not sure what it is, but I just find these things SOOOO CUTE!!
I have been noodling over what I can do with these full-sized Hershey candy bars for a few weeks. I finally decided to deck them out in a Santa suit. I got lots of inspiration for these on the web…so I cannot take credit. There are lots of great versions out there, but I pulled most of my inspiration from Wanda’s creation on her blog. Thanks Wanda for sharing these, they are great!
Similar to the hot cocoa ones I did a few weeks back, these too are “sliders”. When you untie the ribbon & pull…a candy bar comes out!
The ends are glued shut & I used a paper crimper tool to finish off the ends. I got that idea HERE from Dawn’s video.
- Red Cardstock = 6″x6″ (scored @ 1/2″, 3.25″)
- White Cardstock = 6″ x 2.25″, punch edges with SU! Scallop Border Punch
- Black strip (Santa’s Belt) is 3/4″ wide
- I cut the belt buckle using Paper Doll Dress Up (buckle for Pilgrim hat, then I just trimmed the belt part off) – set to Real Dial Size ON at 1 inch.
- Black circles (buttons) are 1/2″ circles.
- I punched the hole for ribbon right through the top button with my Crop-a-Dile!
Thanks for checking these out! I hope I left enough info to help you make your own. If you follow Dawn’s instructions – the dimensions are pretty good to get the basic concept of the slider down.
I have LOTS more to show you this week…getting ready for my big fair this Saturday, EEK!